COME ON OVER TO THE NEW SITE!! http://www.accordingtonina.com/.

24 January 2009

this is what i've been up to...

REDECORATING!!!!
This is my room while I'm staying at the Parents House but it is actually the "grandchildren's room." Yes, my mother has a room for all of the grandchildren she does NOT have! Nothing wrong with being prepared, right?!! And, well, I'm not going to say anything about it because it's quite the place to rest my head and it's very inspirational for my work (well, as of today it is)! Before today, the only thing we had were the Red Quilts at the end of each bed! It's been an on going project but today we really stepped it up!

We purchased these duvets at Pottery Barn and the accents of leopard are by Ralph Lauren!

This is the bathroom inside the bedroom. We found these canvases on clearance at Hobby Lobby - don't they look great? We are going to use a few different shades of green in the bathroom... work in progress ;-)

This is where the magic happens... My Workspace!

Here is the Full View.... Please excuse the mass amount of magazines and binders underneath the middle part of the desk ;-) All of that will soon be put on a Bookshelf (when we find one) and that area will become my second workstation (with a beautiful new Mac Book Pro).
Please give the one-and-only Kiks a round of applause... she is the master mind behind this project!!
{Side Notes} Holy Posting... I have 241 posts in my Reader to read. It is going to take me awhile too because Amy (a real-life bf) is coming to 703 to spend the night!! Frost is making Pork Tenderloin with a new marinade along with Parsley New Potatoes and Green Bean Almondine on the side. In the words of Rachel Ray... YUM-O!!

32 comments:

  1. My SIL loves Hobby Lobby... we, however don't have one :( LOVE the room! Have fun with your B/F!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Serafina! I have the same set at my house. Food sound delish, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving the duvets, I wanted those but the Mr. nixed them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH! I have been in love with the particular Pottery Barn print since the moment I laid my eyes upon it, I just don't have any other beds I need to dress up! It looks grrrreat. I like the leopard touch too...I wouldn't have thought of that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. my mom has a future grandchildren's room too! and she is a LONG way from any grandkids. so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The room is beautiful!! How fun to live there ;-) I would never leave!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Question: (you don't have to answer and you might have already but I missed it) What do you do for a living?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dinner sounds amazing & that rooms looks so GREAT! You all did a fantastic job of decorating. I love the workspace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it looks fantastic!! LOVE the bedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the lettering on the workspace wall! and the leopard accents are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks wonderful Nina! The colors are so very you and I just love how warm the room is. Plus that bathroom has a perfect tub! LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The room is adorable, I love the duvet with the leopard. I have those RL sheets on a bed in my house with a red duvet! Your workspace makes me jealous... maybe I will do some redecorating of my own! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lookin GREAT! I think that P Barn print is the Serafina...???? (oh, how I love it) I almost got that for our Master Bdrm....but went with something totally diff. and Ralph Lauren.
    You have a great space to use at your parents...large office area ...lots of moving around space.
    The dinner that your dad was making sounds delightful! You have a great Sunday and upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This room is so great! I love the mixing of the floral and leopard. I do have to ask where did you find the Ralph Lauren leopard pillow cases? I've been on the hunt and haven't found any for my guest bedroom.
    Thanks for sharing and dinner sounded amazing.
    You may have already answered this but how long are you staying at 703? Just curious as I would never want to leave!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the room and I can't wait to see what other touches Kiks comes up with! Leopard is my fave decorating accent but I have to sneak it in here and there b/c Hubby is not a fan. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. BEAUTIFUL!!! I love decorating :-) What a fabulous room. I wouldn't want to move out. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH I LOVE IT!! that dolce vita is sooo adorable. kisses for kiks!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the duvet covers and the canvases in the bathroom. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love it all! the iron over the beds and the bright duvets are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This space is so lovely. I really like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute! I love the La Dolce vita sign. Where did you get it? The iron over the beds look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The beds look beautiful. I've seen the duvet print in the PB catalog and it's nice to see how it looks in a real room. I also love the accents above the headboard - they look like wrought-iron maybe? A nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the colors and patterns!

    My mom just announced she is getting a minivan for the grandchildren. She doesn't have any (yet)!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nina it is sooo cute!!! I love the colors and all the red :) The workspace is divine :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.